getting to san francisco

dani and i had our annual get together this month in san francisco. it was a great trip with great weather, great food, great wine, and a great friend.

the trip started off somewhat rocky.
as i am sitting in the birmingham airport waiting for my 6:55am departure I get a text from dani saying that she had been “detained by the police” in st. louis. turned out she had forgotten about some pepper spray in her carry-on. after a background check and questioning from the authorities she was on her way. well, when i arrived in dallas my flight to san fran had been cancelled. i called dani dying laughing about our morning thus far. i was put on two stand by flights which were already overbooked. so six hours later i am headed to los angeles. as i am running to my next gate I pass lo {from the hills}. i arrived at my gate sweaty from the 79 degree la weather which had crept its way in the terminal and maybe the fact that I was dressed for the 23 degrees it was in alabama that morning and carrying my winter coat. but I was on my way to san fran. when i get to sf i just knew my bag didn’t make it. and it didn’t. it went to ohio. at this point i am exhausted and i look like it. i caught a cab to the hotel where dani had been patiently waiting out shopping for the past seven hours. dani and i went to a mexican restaurant down the street and it was delish. we called it a night and i slept in my same clothes until my bag arrived at 2am. thankfully i knew things just had to turn up.

{will be back soon to post on our much better day two.}